Please contact Jan here or at 303-973-3969 to schedule a time to attend the Baptismal Class prior to the arrival of your baby. All parents are required to take a Baptismal Preparation Class and must be a registered, contributing and participating members of the parish for at least 6 months.
Baptismal preparation classes are typically on the 2nd Sunday of the month at 11:45am and are required for parents and godparents , unless the class has been taken within the past 3 years.
Requirements for a Godparent:
- Has taken a Baptismal preparation class within the past three years and taken at least two weeks prior to the Baptism.
- Must not be the father or mother of the one to be baptized
- Has received the three Sacraments of Initiation: Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist
- Is at least 16 years of age
- Must be a registered, practicing member of a Catholic Church who attends Mass on Sundays, receives the Sacraments regularly; Sees to the religious instruction of his/her family and as godparents, are willing to assist the parents in raising the child in the Catholic faith.
- Must be a member of the Catholic Church, canonically free to carry out this office. If Married- This would indicate that a Catholic has been Married in the Catholic Church or has had their Marriage blessed in the Catholic Church. Catholics married outside the Church, or Catholics who choose to cohabitate outside of the Sacrament of Marriage are ineligible.
- Traditionally there are two godparents, only one male and one female, but only one Catholic godparent is required.
Christian Witness for Baptism:
A Non-Catholic can be a Christian witness ONLY if accompanied by a Catholic godparent. A baptized and believing Christian who is not Catholic , but practicing in his/her Christian Faith, can act as a Christian witness, BUT NOT AS A GODPARENT.
Any Catholic, who has abandoned the faith, even if they now are active members in another Christian Church or community, may not serve as a Godparent or as a Christian Witness. They have separated themselves from the Church and cannot serve even as a witness.
The Restored Order
The Archdiocese of Denver is in the process of restoring the order of the Sacraments of Initiation. These three sacraments are originally intended to be received in this order: Baptism, Confirmation then Holy Eucharist. The sacrament that fully initiates a person into the Catholic Church is Holy Eucharist (First Communion).
2017 - 18 Elementary Faith Formation Program Children will receive Confirmation and First Eucharist beginning in 3rd grade
Light of the World children will prepare and celebrate First Reconciliation in 2nd grade. All children in 3rd grade and older who have not received Confirmation and/or First Eucharist will be placed in the appropriate Sacramental Preparation class.
Elementary Faith Formation = $50 | Confirmation = additional $10.
We will celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation on Wednesday, May 10th, 2017 at 7:00pm.
One of the most celebrated occasions of the Catholic life is the sacrament of First Communion. Our First Communion celebration for our students will be on May 6th, 2017 at the 4:30pm Family Mass.
For more information on receiving this Sacrament for the first time please contact us at 303-973-3969.
At LOTW we offer the opportunity to adore the Blessed Sacrament 24/7 with our Perpetual Adoration Chapel.
Please click here to sign up for an hour of prayer dedicated to spending time with our Lord in the Chapel.